Covering the whole province of Québec, OPEQ (Computers for Schools – Quebec) has two sorting centers, six workshops and an administrative center. This structure enables us to process rapidly requests to pick-up as well as to provision schools and NPO with computers, laptops and other refurbished devices.
OPEQ in numbers
- 250 active donors
- 50,000 computers collected each year
- 6 workshops and 2 sorting centers across Québec
- Over 1,200 young people have benefited directly from our program and hundreds of thousands indirectly
- More than 247 000 computers have been refurbished and distributed to schools and non-profit organizations since the launch of the program in 1998. (April 1st, 2017)
- More than 16,700 tonnes of material recycled eco-responsibly. (April 1st, 2016)