Covering the whole province of Québec, OPEQ (Computers for Schools – Quebec) has two sorting centers, six workshops and an administrative center. This structure enables us to process rapidly requests to pick-up as well as to provision schools and NPO with computers, laptops and other refurbished devices.
OPEQ in a few numbers
OPEQ’s contributions since its creation in 1998
We have received and given:
- Several millions of sorted equipment including computers, servers, cell phones, mice, keyboards, projectors, etc.
- More than 270,000 computers and laptops donated to schools and non-profit organizations.
We encourage youths:
- More than 1,500 youths have gained work experience through the OPE Internship Program.
- Several thousand trainees have acquired skills in the field of information technology (IT).
- Dozens of youths with physical or intellectual limitations worked in our sorting centers and workshops.
- We have given more than 50,000 hours of training per year.
- Hundreds of thousands of students benefited indirectly from the program by receiving computer hardware.
We do our part for the environment:
- More than 50,000 computers recovered per year.
- Over 18,000 tonnes of eco-friendly recycled material (April 1st, 2018).
We are established everywhere in Quebec:
- 2 sorting centers (Montreal and Quebec).
- 6 workshops (Bellechasse, Gatineau, Montreal, Quebec, Saguenay, Sherbrooke).