You can join our team by doing:
- a paid internship (6 months contract)
- an unpaid internship
At OPEQ, we subscribe to an access to equality program and we encourage women, visible minorities and first nations to submit their application.
OPE interns’ testimony
Paid internships last for 900 hours (approximately 6 months).
At the time of hiring, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be between 15 and 30 years old;
- Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a refugee status holder in Canada;
- Be legally entitled to work as per provincial legislation and regulations;
- Not receiving Employment Insurance benefits.
The following workers are excluded from the program:
- Temporary residents;
- Students holding a student visa;
- Workers with a temporary work visa.
Internships in sorting centers
Internships in repair shops
Being a volunteer at OPEQ allows you to acquire and share experience by working with youths.
The Technical Work Experience Program (TWEP) is an initiative of the Computers for Schools program.
The OPE program is funded in part by the Government of Canada.