Environment, Health & Safety and Security Policy
January 25th 2023
OPEQ — Ordinateurs pour les écoles du Québec mission is to promote the reuse of computer equipment and sensible use of resources. Therefore, in a process of continuous improvement, we are committed to minimizing the impact of our activities and services on the environment and health & safety of our employees, as well as to ensure the confidentiality of the data and the security of the electronic devices entrusted with us.
Thus, OPEQ commits to:
- Comply with all applicable legal or other requirements in regards to the environment, health & safety and security to which OPEQ subscribes;
- Develop environmental and health & safety programs to reach the objectives and targets set;
- Maintain processes for assessing environmental impacts and health & safety risks, develop control measures and monitor their effectiveness;
- Safeguard the confidentiality of the data contained on the electronic media entrusted to OPEQ, throughout the operational process;
- Oversee the competence of human resources via their training;
- Trade with suppliers who act responsibly and care about our physical and social environment;
- Improve the management of residual materials and respect the 4R hierarchy in all areas of our operations: reduction at source, reuse, recycling and recovery;
- Make sure that its employees adhere to this policy and understand their responsibilities with regard to its implementation;
- Maintain and improve on an on-going basis an environment, health & safety and security management system, as well as our performance in residual materials management, as per this policy.
In continuity with our social mission, our commitment to the protection of the environment solidifies our position towards sustainable development: see to the fair treatment of all by applying the principles of social solidarity, promote access to knowledge by sharing with our employees and our customers the importance of reuse and eco-responsible recycling while caring about the health and quality of life of our employees.
General Manager OPEQ
Chairman of the Board of Directors